Date:      Mon, 29 May 1995 14:11:44 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems when adding a 3rd SCSI drive

On Sun, 28 May 1995 pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu wrote:

> Rodime 3085S disk drive  ID 5 <---- this is the drive I'm trying to add

    Just a wild guess here... the Rodime drive was originally intended
for use on a Macintosh, was it?  I've had practically no luck getting
older Rodime "Macintosh" hard drives running on any other platform
(including the RamFAST SCSI interface on my Apple IIGS, which is
typically quite tolerant about weird SCSI drive firmware).  I don't
know if that's your problem here, but the name "Rodime" triggered a
few bad memories.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org