Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 13:49:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      keith leonard <keithl@netrunner.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   getting distribution off ftp site

HELP!!
I recently asked Jordan how to retreive the 2.1 packages off the ftp
site , I must have phrased the question wrong.
explaination:
1. I have a shell account to the net
2. I have an IDE Cdrom which FreeBSD doesn't support
3. I have downloaded the boot and root floppy images and rawrite.
4. I have run them and been presented with the installation screen and docs
5. I have read them (perhaps not  in the spirit that they are presented
:) )
6. I am now thoroughly confussed (don't know smiley for this)
Question:
How do I retreive the files I need from your (or a mirror sites) computer
to my servers hardrive so that I can download them to my MSDOS partition
and install FreeBSD. I have tried the "make fetch" scheme presented in
the FreeBSD Handbook I downloaded - It doesn't work. I have tried taring
the "distfiles" directory - It doesn't work. Short of "getting" each file
seperately I have NO idea how to get all the files (again - from your
computer to my servers hard drive then to my MSDOS partition.)

Please - if this is a case of "If you don't how then you don't belong
here" let me know and I'll wait for a FreeBSD release on Cdrom that does
support IDE Cdrom.

If it's a case of a misplaced comma or period then please let me know.

If it's a case of simple (and I am simple) ignorance then please let me
know ( gently ).

Thanks in advance

Keith Leonard
keithl@netrunner.net