Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:15:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PPP routing problem

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> > freebsd# traceroute stoned.ki.net
> > traceroute to stoned.ki.net (205.150.102.200), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
> > ^C
> > freebsd# !net
> > netstat -nr
> > Routing tables
> > 205.150.102.200    link#1             UHLW        0        1
>
> That's a stale ARP entry.  (Tried to use ARP for resolving the address,
> but didn't succeed.)  IMHO, the ARP attempts should be aborted if an
> interface is being established on this address later.
>
> Don't use proxyarp. :)

	I'm not, or at least not to the best of my knowledge.  OKay, now
I feel stupid...how do I disable proxyarp?  How do I know if I'm using it?
I just looked for a man page on proxyarp, and, of course, there isn't one.
There is the arp utility, but I'm not running that anywhere either.

	Is this a problem with my -current machine though, which I suspect,
or my -stable machine (where the PPP connection is initially made)

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org