Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 21:14:49 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape gold

Hi.

I'm running FreeBSD 2.1-stable on a 486 DX4/120 with 32mb RAM and running
XFRee1186 3.1.2. I have successfully had Netscape Navigator
Atlas (i.e. version 3) beta 4 working for quite a while now.

I then decided to install Netscape Atlas beta 4 gold and did so
by simply replacing the file in the distfiles directory and renaming
the md5 checksum file. It installed fine, and the netscape component
seems to be working fine as well. The problem comes in when I try
to use the Gold part i.e. the html editor. As soon as I click on
options, editor preferences, netscape core dumps and becomes
a zombie process. Is anyone experiencing this problem ?

I'd switch to "vanilla" Netscape but need/want a good HTML editor
for X. I'm open to any suggestions.

TIA,
---
Khetan Gajjar