Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 02:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Madison <cmadison@tippy2.vnet.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftpd won't allow login

Hello,

I'm running -current with 2065 as the latest delta applied.

I had a user tell me that he could not login via ftp, but could
telnet in just fine.  So I tried it with my account....I can telnet
in fine, but when I ftp in, ftp chokes on the password saying:

Password:
530 Login incorrect.
ftp: Login failed.

I know for sure I typed in the correct password....I tried it
many times.

I'm not running anything special in the way of ftpds, just the
plain vanilla one that comes with fbsd.

Is this a known problem and corrected with a new delta????????
Or is my system about to die some strange death:'(

Thanx
Chris