Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:58:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      <david@sparks.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Best" Fast Ethernet Card

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 10:06:50PM +0200, mika ruohotie wrote:
> > yaiks, i dont like being over 1200 messages behind on my mailing lists...

> > >    The key word in the above is "new". The SMC9432TX uses the SMC83c170
> > > chip, NOT the DEC chip. We have preliminary support for it in the 'tx'
>
> Well, I got a bunch of INTEL PRO/100+s in.....
>
> Preliminary results are, well, impressive.
>
> Autonegotiation (including FDX) actually works.
> Its fast.
> 100BaseTX/FDX into an Intel 510T switch is even more impressive :-)

While we're on the subject of fast ethernet cards, does anyone know of any
muli-port fast ethernet cards?

My experience with Znyx 348's (dual port) was that they'd "steal" IRQ's
from the neighboring PCI slots, interfering with a (for example) WANic
(SDL Riscomm sync serial board) board the next slot over.

What I'd love to see is a 100+ dash 4 which used a single a single IRQ for
all four ports:)

Thanks,

David Miller