Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:45:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        <asami@freebsd.org>, <ports@freebsd.org>, <cvs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   overzealous cleaning of Attics in ports tree

In the repository, I notice that Attic files in the ports collection which
had been cvs rm'd have recently been deleted.  I've only looked at the
gyve ports, ports/comms/rzsz/ and ports/x11-toolkits/auis/ (I've uploaded
their former contents, circa Tuesday, to
http://people.freebsd.org/~trevor/ports/attics.tar.gz).  Was this
intentional?  The ports collection was re-organized in October by Satoshi
Asami, and he said at that time that he would purge the files created in
Attics in that change.  IMO purging the files which I've tarred up--which
were not part of the reorganization, but belong to ports which had been
cvs rm'd--is undesirable, because they would be useful to someone who
wants to wake them up again.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt