Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 1996 21:59:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2-BETA is now available

On Tue, 24 Dec 1996, in FreeBSD Announce Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> After the testing period is over, we hope to be rolling FreeBSD
> 2.2-RELEASE no later than January 28th (we need about 10 days to
> finish integrating any bug fixes or necessary changes).  Shipping
> should commence to CDROM customers by February of 1997, barring any
> unforseen delays in the CD replication process.

While I have no reason to question the January part of this statement
considering the 10/14 SNAP arrived here on 12/14 and, based on WC's
estimate to someone, shipping of 2.1.6 won't be until next month doesn't a
February shipping date seem overly optimistic?

Sure wish I could figure out how to talk my boss into buying a CDROM
burner so I could just bring home the copy I FTP over the T1. :)

Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@diamond.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD