Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:26:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Subject:   multi-user: multiple consoles in FreeBSD

Where can I find information on multiple headed machines? And I mean
the X concept of

	One CPU box

and attached to it

	a number of sets

One set consists of a mouse, keyboard and head (graphics screen or
serial output device). Two different ways of doing this:

	- X
	- text consoles

With X it should be possible, but I don't know how. Any pointers would
be appreciated. In text mode however I am unaware of any possiblities,
largely lacking probably because of the fact that there are no
possiblities to connect more than one keyboard and screen anyway at the
moment. Up to now.

USB has the ability to accept more than one keyboard and more than one
mouse. I would like to be able to boot a machine and have login prompts
appear on multiple screens: A proper multi-user system.

Nick
USB for FreeBSD development.

P.S.: If you fancy writing a device driver for USB, we could use someone
to do a mouse, keyboard, printer and HID driver.

--
building: 27A
address:  STA-ISIS, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy