Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:42:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sean Shilton <sshilton@ascend.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ypbind w subnets

I am running a solaris/sparc 2.5.1 ypserver on one subnet, i have three
freebsd 2.2.6 NIS clients on the same subnet, and i have no problem with
thoose machines.  I have on another subnet (100bt routed) three more
freebsd NIS clients.  When they were running 2.2.5-Release, i had the nis
set up as:
	ypbind -ypset
	ypset master.nis.server
This ran without a problem, except that when the master.nis.server was
rebooted, the freebsd clients on the other subnet (not the subnet of
master.nis.server) would hang and login prompt (either on console, or
telnet) would hang after asking for the user name.  I upgraded thoose
boxes to 2.2.6-Release and now when it boots with the
	ypbind -ypset
	ypset master.nis.server
it returns the error of cannset set for domain nis.server on
master.nis.server, the nis clients do work after that error message
however.  And when the master.nis.server is reboot the 2.2.6 clients still
hang.
	I have intel ether express pro /B cards in all of my freebsd nis
clients.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/* Sean Shilton					Yesterday it worked	*/
MIS						Today it is not working
Enterprise Access				Windows is like that
/* ext. 43106								*/