Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 01:54:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   serious ppp help

now I have a major ppp question.  Basically...ok.  I went to the pendantic
ppp primer.  I read through it.  I did not understand it.  Then I went to
the ppp section of the freebsd handbook.  I read through that.  I
understood it, so I followed all of the directions to the letter.  I mean,
I edited rc.conf files, I put in my ip address and my isp's gateway...ok,
I thought I got it.  Then I rebooted.  Then I su'ed.  Then I typed "ppp"
at the # prompt.

And what do you think I got?

"ppp:  command not found"

ARGH.

I'd throw this machine out the window if I didn't live on the first floor.

someone please, please, please, please, please, please please help me set
up ppp.  please.  Please.  I've tried everything within my power, I've
looked at all the online documentation I thought I could find.

thank you so very much.

--alissa (who's attempting to run freebsd 2.2.7)