Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:55:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reboot - reproducible

I did a make world lastnight off of 3.0 stable source code freshly cvsup.
I was trying to create some floppy disks using:

	dd if=boot.flp of=/dev/fd0

I had forgotten to remove the write-protection from the diskette.  The
drive suddenly started going wild (floppy drive).  I tried to hit Cntl-C
after a second X locked up and the computer rebooted.  I tried the
samething on my gateway machine and it also rebooted (STABLE-02061999).
Certainly hitting Cntl-C should not reboot the computer.  The disks
were not synced in either case.  I am wondering if this has anything to do
with the spontaneous reboots I have been getting under load.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com