Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:52:01 +0500 (GMT)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@tigerteam.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SOCK_RAW on BSD

Hello people,
 here I've been playing with RAW sockets on FreeBSD and got stumbled abit.
Any ideas why code bellow does't seem to get anything passed by kernel.
(I read manual pages and /sys/netinet/raw_ip.c but neither place mention any
incompatibilies with other systems. This piece would work fine on Linux
platforms).

#include <stdio.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>

void main(void) {

char buf[10000];
int s,rdln;
   s=socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_RAW);
   while(1)
   {
      rdln=read(s, buf, 9999);
        printf("got pack len: %i\n",rdln);