Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:14:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libkse & konsole

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:

> if (! (str_ptr=ttyname(tt)) ) {
>     str_ptr = ttynam;
>     abort();
>   }
>
> This is where it is aborting. I'm not sure where to go from here. Apparently,
> Konsole has difficulty chowning and chmodding the /dev/ttypx that it wants to
> use.

Can you debug the open(), chown(), and chmod() of the tty
to see what happens (any errors?).

Also, I think konsole forks().  There may be something
we're (libkse) not doing to properly handle a fork
from a multi-threaded process (or something konsole
expects that isn't necessarily true).  Can you run
konsole so it doesn't fork?

--
Dan Eischen