Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:35:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   diviating output

I read and execute some programms form the book of w.richard stevens
"advanced programming in unix enviroment"printed in year 1992
ISBN is 0-201-56317-7.I experience some deviations between expected
output and output of mine.Author points that there are some differencies
between behaviour of 4.3+BSD and POSIX.1 requested.The programm in
question is 8.4 it menas 4 programm from 8 chapter of the book.
The input i made is essentialy the same save i used perror instead of
err_sys(author-defined function).The question is:would anyone on the list
be so kind as sending to me relevant outputs on his machine.I will two
cases then,one from independent machine and one from mine so that i can
compare then.I use 3.2 fbsd.

Thank you in advance.

kind regards,
Ariel

 PS Output of mine is intentionally not provided so we could have clear
    experiment.