Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 12:58:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Robert F. Ross" <rross@recourse.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JDK 1.3.1, FreeBSD 4.5, JNI and select()

As far as I can tell, the JDK1.3.1 as compiled from /usr/ports in
FreeBSD4.5 is compiled with -pthread. An ldd on the final java binary
shows that it's using libc.so.4, not libc_r.so.4. I've been experiencing
problems with select() calls in JNI routines always waiting for the full
timeout when checking readfds (write seems happy) instead of returning as
soon as the data is available. poll() appears to have the same
behavior. Has anyone seen this issue and know how to fix it?

Robert Ross
Senior Software Engineer
Recourse Technologies, Inc.