Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:11:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Luckie <mjl@SDSC.EDU>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <mjl@sdsc.edu>
Subject:   syscall kernel modules on 3.0-release

Hi

I have written a KLD module that implements a syscall
I wrote this module on 3.2-release, although this module is going to be
used on a 3.0-release machine

The relevant support for writing a syscall module was added after
3.0-release and is present in 3.1-release according to

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/sysent.h.diff?r1=1.19&r2=1.20

Is it possible for me to hack my kernel module to work on freebsd
3.0-release?  I
have tried patching the sys/sysent.h file with the patch linked above and
the module compiles perfectly, although when I kldload'd the module the
system crashed and rebooted.  I didnt see the crash message, although I
can get that if it will help.

So my question is, is it possible for me to hack my kernel module to work
on FreeBSD 3.0-release?  If not, can isolated patches be made to the
kernel short of doing a cvsup for src-all to enable this to work?

Matthew