Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 00:44:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        Domas Mituzas <domas.mituzas@delfi.lt>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: simple FreeBSD shaper questions :)

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Domas Mituzas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> recently I had several questions and I'd like to find if anyone has
> already done that.
>
> 1. Did anyone try Emerging Technologies Bandwidth manager on FreeBSD? What
> bandwidth does it handle? Any good or bad opinions or experiences?

We have used it; it works pretty well, although I'm not convinced it's
better than ipfw. You should try both before comitting to the $600 he
charges. The guy who runs Etinc is an asshole of legendary proportions,
just search inet-access archives.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access