Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:15:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      beemern@ksu.edu
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   linux/freebsd kernel differences

theres an argument here in our office about linux vs. freebsd

we're building a new nfs server for our entire dept, and i suggested using
fbsd, however, an opponent put forth linux and said that:

"there is no difference between linux and freebsd kernels, except that
linux has much better driver support.. WHY use obscure freebsd?"

anyone got any ammo i can use here? i'd really rather use fbsd since i'm
much more familar with it and its never let me down (except in the area of
native java support), and i believe it'd be perfect for our nfs box

but i'll need some good concrete evidence to make my case..

thanks
nathan