Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:05:22 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.ORG, <hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RC2 available

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Scott Long wrote:

> All,
>
> I've uploaded the i386, pc98, and alpha ISO and ftp directories for RC2
> to ftp-master at /ftpmaster/archive/pub/FreeBSD/releases.  sparc64 is
> still in progress due to numerous hardware problems that I've been
> experiencing.  However, I'm going to announce RC2 to the mailing lists
> now and get sparc64 up when it's done.  Many thanks to Yoshihiro-san for
> providing the PC98 build bits.

hi scott,

it would be good if you could wait for 24 or 48 hours after uploading
and announcing to mirrors before you let the mailing lists know.

otherwise people will attempt to find it on their closest mirror, see
that it is not there and there is a high likelihood they will not bother
checking a mirror in the future (especially if this happens a few times).

of course in this instance even ftp.freebsd.org might not have picked
it up in time, though jasper is very quick on getting things updated..

regards,

-jason