Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Lui <klui@cup.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   M16 with FreeBSD 3.2

Hi,

I downloaded the latest nightly Mozilla source dated 4/14/2000 10:03 from
<URL:ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-source.tar.gz>;
and after the compile, I get a core dump at
$ .mozilla
.//run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/home/klui/tmp/mozilla/dist/bin
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/klui/tmp/mozilla/dist/bin
       SHLIB_PATH=/home/klui/tmp/mozilla/dist/bin
          LIBPATH=/home/klui/tmp/mozilla/dist/bin
      MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_debugger=
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering begins.
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
JS Component Loader: WARNING /home/klui/tmp/mozilla/dist/bin/components/
                              nsSample.js:26
                     deprecated getter usage
JS Component Loader: WARNING /home/klui/tmp/mozilla/dist/bin/components/
                              nsSample.js:27
                     deprecated setter usage
Segmentation fault - core dumped
$

I understand that the problem is due to the way dlopen() works for
FreeBSD 3.x prior to 3.4 as discussed here:
<URL:http://x21.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=561730645&CONTEXT=955748598.1821704201&hitnum=51>;

Is there a back patch for FreeBSD 3.2 so that I won't need to upgrade
my installation of 3.2 to 3.4?

Ken

with "unsubscribe freebsd-mozilla" in the body of the message