Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 15:28:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, roberto@blaise.ibp.fr, FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Upgrading to 2.05A

On Sat, 3 Jun 1995, Rashid Karimov. wrote:

Hi there,

> > 	So does this mean that I need to do a full reinstall?  Also,
> > since i don't have a backup, I guess I'll make a tarball but does anyone
> > know how to put the tar file on floppies and how to format floppies under
> > FreeBSD?
>
> 	If you buy preformatted floppies , you shouldn't format them.
> 	They are FreeBSD ready :)

	I know but my floppies are unformatted. :)

> 	Anyways , can hardly imagine the procedure of backing the system
> 	on floppies ... It's better to go and buy some 300-500 Mb IDE/SCSI
> 	either for the backup or fresh install

	I know so what I'm thinking is backing up just /etc, /usr/X11R6 and
/usr/local into a tar file and copy it to my other dos formatted hard
drive but I don't know the procedure of mounting a dos drive that is not
the same physical drive as FreeBSD is on.  Maybe someone can help me on
this one?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!