Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:38:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      A James Lewis <james@vrtx.net>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AHA-2930 with Linux?

I have yet to hear about a 2930, what are the specs?  The 2920 is a
actually a Future Domain chipset and seems to work OK...

My question is, I have a 2940 BIOS revision 1.21 which often fails to
reinitialise without a power cycle.... this only happens after I've loaded
linux and used the driver... If Linux doesn't touch the card it always
works after a warm boot....

Mabe it's a bios issue, I'm not sure really.... perhaps it's somthing to
do with the sequencer code?  How do I go about getting the BIOS upgraded
anyway, and what might be the difference?

On another point, version 4.1 of the driver (linux 2.0.31+) as opposed to
4.0 does not work on my configuration if I have my HP scanner attached...
4.0 works flawlessly? any ideas?  I'm currently running 2.0.32 patched
back to the older version of the driver...

James

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Brad Dewey wrote:

> Sorry for such a minor question, but will the AHA-2930 work with Linux?
>
> I was looking at README.aic7xxx in the linux kernel, and it only
> specifically says that it won't work with the 2920.
> It also says that it will work with the aic-7850(which is what the
> card's doc says) and with aha-29xx controller.
>
> Since it was so vague on my particular card, I was just hoping you guys
> could give me a yes or no.
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Brad Dewey

James
Vortex Internet
 20 years ago, people were switching from UNIX to VMS...
 Now, everybody is switching from UNIX to Windows NT...
 Am I the only one who sees what is happening here?