Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 19:54:10 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@krsu.edu.kg>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel dies.

> > so binaries, right?
>
> And documentation, yes.  Changed to /etc are made in /usr/src/etc and
> have to be brought over by hand.

Ah, I see. So things are more wide than in linux. in linux the most thing
i do is upgrade kernel, and binaries, if i feel they produce bugs working
with new kernel (but usually they don't) under BSD things are more
dependent uppon each other. hmm.,.. thanks anyway, I guess now i see the
whole picture.

> Cvsup will be much faster than ftp, since it only transfers diffs, not
> the whole files involved, and files that haven't changed won't be
> transferred.  I usually install it by doing

> cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup
> make install clean

yep.:) I just found out that i lack this binary, so I have to download by
hand cvsup archives (together with modula libs.,. hmm, why would it want
modula anyway?)

> Then you run cvsup with one of the files in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/,
> for you it would be stable-supfile.

and this file tells cvsup what to download, right?

>  You might want to copy it and tweak
> it first.
>
> Cvsup knows how to work with proxies; I've never had to do it, but take
> a look at the man page for the appropriate arguments.

 yeah. I guess I won't have problems tuning it here.