Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 09:05:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@r2d2.smlab.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: frozen virtual terminals on Dell system

> Well then, that's likely not going to help my case much, then. :-)  It
> seems that this is a Dell-specific "feature".  They like to do some
> things their own way, and I wouldn't be surprised a bit if they made
> some funky half-compatible keyboard mod.

You may have said this in the beginning of this discussion, but what Dell
model(s) are you dealing with?  I have a Dell Optiplex 433s/L that's just
sitting here and hasn't been turned on in months.  Maybe I'll throw
FreeBSD on it and see what happens.  I had it running FreeBSD 2.1.0 quite
a while ago, and don't remember any problems (except it was sllloooowwww.
-- 4MB wasn't quite enough!), but I'm willing to see if I can re-create
the problem...

--Mike