Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 01:18:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@r2d2.smlab.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wierd "mount" error message on 2.2.6

I just bumped my 2.2-STABLE machine up to 2.2.6 (first upgrade since
October(?)), and now it won't boot....  Arrgh....

I'm getting an error when it tries to mount all the filesystems:

/dev/sd0a on /: Specified device does not match mounted device.

...the /etc/fstab entry reads:

/dev/sd0a     /   ufs   rw   1  1

/var and /usr mount up just fine (same drive -- /dev/sd0s1e & /dev/sd0s1e)

A bit of grepping through the mailing list didn't turn up anything, so
here I am...  (time passes...)  Let me make sure it still boots off the
old kernel (more time passes...)  Seems to work.

Any ideas?  (My first guess is I screwed something up in the kernel
compile options...)

--Mike
mike@smlab.com