Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:41:14 +0930 (CST)
From:      Chris Foote <chris@senet.com.au>
To:        Pecsenyanszky Istvan <pecseny@inf.bme.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: file system full

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Pecsenyanszky Istvan wrote:

> today my console filled up with "/home: file system full" messages.
> The /home partition is at 98%, near full, but and there is appr. 700MB
> free space yet, leastwise df shows so.
>
> Could anybody enlighten me, why can't use the system the rest 700MB?

Some space is reserved for root that normal users are unable to use.
Using 'tunefs' with the -m option, you should be able to reduce the
space reserved for root on an existing parition.

Cheers,

Chris Foote                        SE Net
Technical Manager                  222 Grote Street
SE Network Access                  Adelaide SA 5000
e-mail chris@senet.com.au          Australia
phone :  (08) 8221 5221	           PGP Public Key available from
fax:     (08) 8221 5220            http://www.senet.com.au/PGP
support: (08) 8221 5792