Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marty Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SV: Disks...?

Sort of on the subject,

I've been wondering for the last little while whether it would be
beneficial to assign the swap partition to a separate disk - has anyone
tried this?  If so, how did you find it affected system performance?
Common sense tells me that it would speed the system up,
especially if the swap disk is on a separate controller,
but common sense has been known to lie to me in the past.