Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:28:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@Vorlon.odc.net>
To:        Matthew Hagerty <matthew@wolfepub.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No modules loaded message

It is PAM related.  I never could get samba 2.0 working properly. I
had to drop back to 1.9.10.  If anyone has gotten samba 2.0 to work
with unix passwords, I'd love to hear how they did it.

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Matthew Hagerty wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Could someone explain to me what this message is trying to tell me:
>
> Jan 24 19:54:18 redbox smbd: no modules loaded for 'samba' service
>
> If it is samba problem then please disregard, however I get the feeling it
> is coming from the OS, not samba.  What "service(s)" is/are being referred
> to?  I'm about to go kernel hunting for anything similar to "modules" but I
> am just giving it a shot in the dark.
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew Hagerty
> matthew@wolfepub.com

Neal Westfall  mailto:nwestfal@odc.net  http://www.odc.net/~nwestfal/
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve!		http://www.freebsd.org/

  $Id: dot.signature,v 1.2 1998/12/30 08:23:13 nwestfal Exp nwestfal $