Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:30:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Dru Nelson <dnelson@redwoodsoft.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates

> :-matt
>
>     If you need absolute reliability, I would seriously consider a NetApp.
>     I'd choose that over everything - solaris, irix, *bsd, linux, NT.  You
>     name it.

They're even less open than Microsoft. A newer Novell. And I know whereof
of what I speak- I worked with a large chunk of these folks either at
Auspex or Sun.

There are two factors being pursued- one is service goals, and the other
is research/development/tech-transfer. If the former goal was the only
one, *BSD/Linux would not be considered as it isn't a warrantable item.

-matt