Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 19:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steven Kehlet <kehlet@techfuel.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   enabling -DNAMEBLOCK breaks biosboot build (fwd)

Hello, I sent this to -questions but no one could help me.  TIA if you
can help me :-).

With 3.4-STABLE code, cvsup'd on Tues May 9th, enabling -DNAMEBLOCK in
/sys/i386/boot/biosboot/Makefile breaks the build:

  dd if=boot.nohdr of=boot2 bs=512 skip=1
  14+1 records in
  14+1 records out
  7184 bytes transferred in 0.000439 secs (16362683 bytes/sec)
  boot2 is too big
  *** Error code 2

I'd like the NAMEBLOCK feature so I can use nextboot.  Is there a new
way to boot different kernels, or am I screwed?

Thanks! :-)

Steve