Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:54:39 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installer

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> On Wed 2000-11-01 (22:27), Roman Shterenzon wrote:
> > > 4.1.1.. I'm not sure how minimalistic you're looking for.. perhaps try
> > > picobsd, that should be small enough for ya!
> > PiboBSD is broken, no one seems to maintain it, and my patches weren't
> > committed (or even considered I believe).
>
> The PicoBSD custom/make(1)-driven build on -CURRENT works just fine.
> I can see Joe is fixing up the other builds.  I'll soon (when the
> buildworld finishes) have a RELENG_4 machine to test moving back my
> changes on (the usual rules of passing through -CURRENT apply to PicoBSD
> too).
>
> (Also, you might want to submit those patches through the PR system,
> otherwise people forget.  'query-pr -O roman | grep -i picobsd' doesn't
> return anything.)

There's PR with most of my fixes (not by me) which didn't get committed,
so I didn't feel that adding one more PR will help it any further.
The make(1) way didn't work for me, perhaps I don't know how to use it,
and it's not explained anywhere I looked. The "build" way is broken a bit.
The thing is that while it's not severely broken, and fixing it requires
some simple steps no one cares enough to do it.
So, the point is, seems that noone cares about it any longer.
The last commit to picobsd tree was months ago.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]