Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Steenbergen <humble@quadrunner.com>
To:        Allen Smith <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYN Floods, some food for thought

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Allen Smith wrote:

> On Jun 19,  9:19pm, Richard Steenbergen (possibly) wrote:
>
> > using my flooder and the most optimal techniques I could come up with
> > (including asm checksum :P) I was about to generate approx 15kpps (a 4.6x
>
> I don't suppose you might send this in as a pr for in_cksum.c?

Such already exists, as in_cksum.c in the hardware specific junk (such as
/usr/src/sys/i386/i386/in_cksum.c). A more useful feature might be a
socket which you can bind to a specific interface and then be able to send
raw frames (or whatever the data link layer method might be) without the
overhead of raw_output, ip_output, routing table lokups, etc.

--
Richard Steenbergen <humble@lightning.net> humble@EFNet PGP ID: 0x741D0374
PGP Key Fingerprint: C6EF EFA0 83B2 071F 1AB6  B879 1F70 4303 741D 0374