Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 16:35:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Trainor <ptrainor@title14.com>
To:        <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Adaptec 2940 Pro Ultra SCSI BRKADRINT

List,

	This used to work...(!)... With an Adaptec 2940 UW Pro, attached
to a SOny SDT-10000 tape drive, the Kernel panics with a 2.4.13 kernel
with _either_ the standard aic7xxx _or_ the aic7xxx_old drivers inthe
kernel bundle.
	BUT, this only happens after 2 minutes of a tape backup, at
almostthe same exact place in the backup each time. I thought it was
tapes, nope.
	Precisely:

Kernel panic: aic7xxx: unrecoverabl BRKADRINT
In interupt handler - not syncing

	..funny thing, though.. while the backup is rolling along
initially, the 'busy' light blinks slowly as expected.. Once the backup
'locks', the blinking is rapid, even and continuous..

aic7xxx_old:

CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX_OLD=y
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_OLD_TCQ_ON_BY_DEFAULT=y
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_OLD_CMDS_PER_DEVICE=8
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_OLD_PROC_STATS=y

aic7xxx:

CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX=y
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_CMDS_PER_DEVICE=253
CONFIG_AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY_MS=15000

	I see many posts saying that older drivers worked(?).. How
far back do we have to go to get a working driver?

Ideas?

TIA!

pat
:)

WHERE IS ECHELON WHEN YOU REALLY NEED IT? http://www.echelonwatch.org
Echelon/Carnivore keywords: kill bomb president airline sabotage explosive
"While it's true winning isn't everything, LOSING IS NOTHING!" -Ed Bighead