Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:28:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hunt <dh@huntbros.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mac iBook OS10 + BSD

I have been using Linux (Slackware) for a number of years on my
desktop, and have never used BSD. From what I've gathered, BSD sounds
like the kind of OS I would like.

I Now need to get a laptop, and have been thinking of getting a new
Mac Ibook, but OS 10 seems to lack some important features I
want/need, like virtual terminals, things I have grown quite used to.

Would BSD be a good choice for the iBook as the third OS (along with
OS9 and OS10)?

How much can BSD share things like utilities and config files with
OS10? Is there any special compatability due to the OSs being similar
in some ways?

How should I plan my BSD intallation? Any special advantage of having
BSD on a Mac with OS10, as compared to Linux Slackware?

--
David Hunt <dh@huntbros.net>