Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:41:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Taming Netscape Navigator?

Can anyone share some experiences or advice on how to control netscape?

Whenever I load a huge page or a page with many tables, netscape slows
down and usually makes my X unusable for a time (sometimes for several
minutes and longer).

I don't use Java and this happens with or without javascript.

I have tried changing the scheduling priority to different amounts.

Anyone use a memory file system for the .netscape files?

Any other ideas?

(I end up using links to browse huge pages. And konqueror is less reliable
than netscape for me.)

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/