Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:11:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        atk2@arctic.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, <gabriel@maquina.com>
Subject:   Re: UDMA performance suggestionsRe: Athlon XP with NVIDIA AGP problem

i wish to gently disagree, but you still might be right....

On 26 Apr 2002 atk2@arctic.org wrote:

> Hum -- I should have been very specific -- the bios indicates the drive is
> enabled for udma 6 (aka ata-133). The bios only indicatest this if everything
> else is set correctly (aka cable, master, ... -- I tested this aspect
> of the bios).

i seem to recall that my bios was perfectly content to tell me that i was
doing UDMA, so i thougt it was ok.

but 4.4 actually had a boot message that said 'reverting to wdma33, the
cable is on backwards' or something like that.

> So the only issue left is freebsd (I have not tried atacontrol which I will
> try tonight).

certainly seems like the easiest thing to do, i agree on that case....