Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 17:23:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      kim culhan <kimc@w8hd.w8hd.org>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        John Herks <john@pyromania.apana.org.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed0 - device timeout ?

On Mon, 5 Jun 1995, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >I am randomly getting ed0 kernel device timeout messages from my Freebsd
> >2.0R machine...
> >

> Are you possitive that your card is really located at Irq 5?  You can
> boot with the "-c" option at the boot prompt to change the Irq for the
> card, but this sounds very much like a mis configured IRQ.

When I rebuilt with 2.0.5-ALPHA, rebooted and then compiled a new kernel
the ed0 device would time-out on boot-up.
Although the kernel config file was the same one used before which had
ed0 at irq5, I had to change the config file to ed0 at irq10 (where it
actually is.)

Apparently it doesn't find the card with probing now.

kim

--
kimc@w8hd.org