Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 17:26:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ideas on CD changers sought

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Peter Dufault wrote:
>
> > > I was hoping for a better indication.  Sigh.
> >
> > Only if people actually used the broken LUNS - that is, they
>
> Btw., Julian came up with another idea: the broken devices might
> perhaps react as expected if we also filled in the LUN in the second
> byte of the CDB (even though SCSI-2 depreciates this).
>
> Is there anybody around with such a broken drive who could act as a
> guinea-pig?

I have a Chinon CDS-535... that looks like it would response to multi-luns
(it has an entry in the scsiconf file... this is also the drive that has
broken toc reports (it does packed BCD instead of std binary)...

I guess I could be a guinea-pig...  assuming the patches you send me are
relative to 960823-SNAP as that's what I'm running....  ttyl..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)