Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 09:15:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEW FEATURE.. RFC will commit unless....

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:

> I would like feedback on a new feature I want to add to the
> filesystem code.
>
> In addition to the immutible and append flags, we at whistle are
> using a flag NOUNLINK

What would you think about yet another flag: purge (like in Netware)? This
flag would cause the contents of the file to be overwritten with garbage
on unlinking. I'd be glad to use this option on some machines with raised
security level.

Sincerely yours,

---
Andrzej Bialecki                  FreeBSD: Turning PCs Into Workstations
<abial@warman.org.pl>             http://www.freebsd.org
Research and Academic Network in Poland