Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:09:25 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   modload /lkm/linux_mod.o

Hi...

	After finishing a new make world last night, 'modload /lkm/linux_mod.o'
no longer works, with the following error:

# modload /lkm/linux_mod.o
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_copyin' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: More undefined symbol _copyin refs follow
modload: /usr/bin/ld: return code 1
# ls -lt !$
ls -lt /lkm/linux_mod.o
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  42220 Apr 16 04:58 /lkm/linux_mod.o

	I just did a CVSup to confirm that there was nothing new that *seemed*
to affect the linux emulation, and I don't recall anyone mentioning a problem
with it recently in current :(

	Anyone have any ideas?  Wish to play with the StarOffice port that
is generating sooooo much traffic :)

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org