Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 15:37:52 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Ranner <rmike@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
To:        Ken Krebs <kkrebs@best.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2920 SCSI Driver for FreeBSD

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Ken Krebs wrote:

} 	I've seen some of your posts on UseNet referring to a 2920 drive
} for FreeBSD.  I was wondering if you could possibly tell me where to
} get the sources?
}
} My fiancee and I both have Adaptec 2920 SCSI cards in our machines and we
} JUST found out last night that they are not supported by FreeBSD :(

You can find the AHA 2920 SCSI driver sources on:

http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rmike/freebsd/

The core driver source is extracted from the BSD Nomads PAO package
See http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/ for more info.

This tmc18c30 source is ported from NetBSD/PC98 to FreeBSD an uses the
scsi_low source from (dont know exactly) NetBSD because the SCSI low level
source is different to FreeBSD. You can find the e-mail from the auhtor
who has ported this driver in the tmc18c30 source files.

Be warned, the README in the tmc18c30 directory of PAO says its a BAD
port (because of scsi_low etc.), but I use it for more than a half year,
and I had no problems with it.

Only the PCI-probe code and the attach code is written by me, the rest is
exact the same source as contained in the PAO package. Maby someone likes
to spend some time to make the driver better...

/\/\ichael Ranner - rmike@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rmike/

Watch the clock on the wall, feel the slowing of time...
                                          .