Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:15:01 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Comments on Athlon XP configuration

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> Coolermaster DP5-6I31C CPU cooler
> Abit KG7 motherboard

Keep in mind that this board has a VIA 686b Northbridge, which has been a
source of headaches (supposedly worked around...).

> Apacer PC2100 256MB ECC registered buffered DDR-SDRAM
> Matrox G550 DH video card
> IBM IC35L040AVER07 60GXP (40GB IDE)
> AOpen H600A case
> Leadman LP-6100D power supply
> AOpen DVD-1648 DVD-ROM
> AOpen AW200 sound card
> Hitachi CM-715 monitor
> D-Link DFE-530TX NIC
>
> I presume the XFree86 4.1 or 4.2 can support DRI on the MGA G550 - it's
> not especially clear.
>
> Also, any comments on the Leadman LP-6100D vs Enermax EG365P-VE PSU?

Have a LP-6100D - seems to work fine and noticeably cheaper than the
Enermax.

> Finally, does anyone know if the NetGear FA311TX or FA312TX NICs are
> supported?  LINT/NOTES only mentions the NetGear's Gigabit NICs and I'm
> not sure what the actual chipset on the FA-series cards are.

sis driver IIRC.

E-mail: andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia