Date:      	Fri, 31 May 1996 14:51:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Scott Muma <muma@sask.trlabs.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up CDROM drive

	We have succeeded in installing FreeBSD, but we can't get it to
recognize our CDROM drive.  How should it be configured?  We have a 2.1G
hard drive as the master on HDD1 controller and we aren't sure if the
hard drive should be acting as master with the CDROM as slave, or if the
CDROM is supposed to be mater on HDD2 controller.  I read that FreeBSD
doesn't support EIDE, does that mean everything must be on HDD1 or just
that EIDE functions aren't available?

Anyway, my main concern is how should we configure the hardware of the CD
and hard disk so that FreeBSD will recognize that there is a CDROM drive?

Thanks in advance

Scott