Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 16:14:41 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
To:        Eric Ogren <pitlord@dementia.net>
Subject:   Re: IRC server operation...

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Eric Ogren wrote:

> > 1. My users want to create channels which are kept alive by the server
> >    indefinitely. They say that ussualy this is accomplished by giving a
> >    channel a "+f" mode or something like that, but with this server it
> >    does not work. Any ideas?
>
>  That's impossible. I'm afraid your users are mistaken.

The problem is that when the last user leaves the channel, the server
automatically deletes it. This does not happen with other servers where
the channels remain open even with no users logged on. How can you do that
with this server?

> > 2. When an operator kicks out a user, that user is automatically un-kicked
> >    by the server, unless a ban is applied also. What can I do to fix this?
>
>  ??
>  What's your question here?
>  Being kicked is supposed to be a sort of warning, while banned is just
> that. What are you trying to do?

I think you are right... sorry. As I said before, I am new to IRC and IRC
terms. Forget about that question :)

Victor