Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:27:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Confused over new rc.* changes

So I got lucky and I'm updating a new machine with Jordan's rearranged
rc.* changes.  I've got a question already...

In /usr/src/etc there's now an etc.i386 directory which contains rc.i386.
I've poked through the remaining rc files and I can't see where this gets
called from.  Is this file supposed to live in /etc/ or /etc/etc.i386?  Is
this documented anywhere?  So far all I can find is the stuff in the cvs
tree related to Jordan's commits, and I'm not sure I understand the way
things flow here yet.

I like the new rc.conf setup, although it's not radically different from
sysconfig it's a lot simpler to look through for stuff.  I'm just having a
problem getting myself situated with the new system.

Happy trails

Brian