Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 20:03:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make world to install instead of upgrade

Hi. I upgraded to current. Actually, it was more like an installation
than an upgrade. Which brings me to my question. Is there anything I
can do to the Makefile to have 'make world' go ahead and overwrite
/etc and /var, or whatever the protected directories are. In this
case, I really had no customization files, so I just did cp -rp
/var/tmp/root/etc /. I would like to just have the 'make' do this so I
don't have to go through building the dummy root etc.

Thanks to every one for the advice I received here during this
installation.

Greg