Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:04:08 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: runsocks (Was Re: gpib driver - does anybody use it?)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> Hmm, just finished my 3.1 upgrade, compiled socks and runsocks seems
> to work now. The only thing that doesn't work is compiling the telnet
> included with socks5:
>
> cc -I. -I../../include -I./../../include -O -pipe -DANDRE -D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__  -DHAVE_SETUPTERM  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES -DKLUDGELINEMODE  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES -o telnet authenc.o commands.o main.o network.o ring.o sys_bsd.o telnet.o terminal.o tn3270.o utilities.o -L../../lib -lsocks5   -lcrypt   -lncurses -Llibtelnet -ltelnet
> telnet.o: In function `gettermname':
> telnet.o(.text+0x9f2): undefined reference to `ttytype'
> *** Error code 1 (continuing)
> `all' not remade because of errors.
>
> But this doesn't bother me because always I runsocks the FreeBSD telnet.

Yeah, this doesn't comple for some reason as of about 1.0r4. The port just
doesn't bother trying to install it - no-one's cared enough to look at why
it's broken and how to fix it.

Kris

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.