Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:10:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@oracle.dsuper.net>
To:        FreeBsd <bsd@obr.software602.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: thread  and socket

I've had a little trouble understanding you... :-)

Here's an excerpt from the man page, though... if this isn't what you were
looking for, please clarify a bit...

--snip--
    In the non-threaded library getsockopt() is implemented as the
getsockopt syscall.

    In the threaded library, the getsockopt syscall is assembled to _thread_sys_getsockopt()
and getsockopt() is implemented as a function which locks s for read and
write, then calls _thread_sys_getsockopt().
     Before returning, getsockopt() unlocks s.
--snip--

Regards,
Bosko.

--
Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@supernet.ca>  http://www.supernet.ca/~bmilekic/
Delphi SuperNet     voice: (+1) 514 281-7500     fax: (+1) 514 281-6599