Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:35:49 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5 Transfer in progress

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Murray Stokely wrote:

> The FreeBSD 4.5 / x86 FTP install directory is on ftp-master.
>
> Two out of the five ISO images have fully transferred :
>
> ISO-IMAGES/4.5/4.5-disc2.iso
> ISO-IMAGES/4.5/4.5-mini.iso
>
> I still have to do some QA on the other discs, but I thought I'd give
> you all a head start on the first gigabyte of data.

thanks murray,

to the other mirrors who are going to grab this - can i suggest
you *dont* make them publicly available yet (change permissions on
directories if you are downloading it..):

o until murray says they're all up and QA is completed

o there is time to get all the disc images up as well as the release
  install tree and the applications (4.5-release) tree.

o there is time for an announcement to go out - including an
  actual list of the tier-1 mirrors who have a complete 4.5
  available as well as a pointer to the normal freebsd mirror
  list - since i have no doubt this will get slashdotted - so
  it'd be nice if /. could link to this announcement, instead
  of just ftp.freebsd.org...

please note, it's only a suggestion...

regards,

-jason